You do not have to go to an Italian restaurant just to enjoy lasagna.
With this recipe, you can easily prepare the delicious meal at home. It is very easy to make and takes less than an hour to prepare.
What you need:
– About 20 ml of vegetable oil
– 500 grams of meat
– One onion, finely chopped
– One clove of garlic, ground
– Spice mixture (herbs, parsley, celery and oregano or a mixture of peppers)
– 100 grams of tomato paste
– 250 grams of cheese
– 12 pieces of lasagna sheets
– One carrot, finely grated
– Two tomatoes, sliced
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 100 grams of butter
– One tin of milk
– Two tablespoons of flour
– Ground nutmeg
– Bay leaf
1. Heat then vegetable oil in a skillet and fry onions till brown.
2. Add in the carrot and fry for five minutes.
3. Add the meat, sprinkle on the spices and stir well.
4. Fry on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste, tomatoes and ground garlic and simmer for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. To make the Bechamel sauce, melt the butter in another pan or skillet.
7. Add in the flour and fry for about five minutes while stirring constantly.
8. Boil the milk separately, add a pinch of nutmeg and the bay leaf.
9. After 10 minutes, remove the bay leaf.
10. Pour the milk into the flour mix in a thin stream.
11. Cook on low heat and whisk regularly till it thickens. Do not let the mixture boil.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste.
13. Grease a baking dish with oil and pour some of the Bechamel sauce in the bottom.
14. Cover with one lasagna sheet.
15. Spread the meat filling over it and top generously with the Bechamel sauce.
16. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
17. Repeat steps 14 to 16 the layers until all the ingredients are used.
18. Pour the Bechamel sauce over everything and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
19. Bake in an oven preheated at 160 degrees C for 40 minutes.
20. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before cutting into portions and serving.