Gizdodo, from the name, is a combination of gizzard and dodo (fried plantain).
This spicy meal/delicacy, a mix of fried ripe dodo, gizzard and sauce, is so delicious and nutritious that you don’t want it to finish.
(Nigerian food tv)
Gizdodo is often taken at parties as the main meal or as appetisers, accompanied by other dishes but can also be taken at home. Let’s learn how to make this meal.
4. Green pepper
5. Red pepper
7. Vegetable oil
9 Seasoning cubes
Ingredients for making gizdodo
(All Nigerian food)
1. Wash gizzards properly with lemon juice or salt water and remove the yellow lining and get rid of all the dirt.
2. Put the gizzards in a large pot, add salt and other seasonings. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
3. Cut dodo into small cubes and deep fry.
4. Cut the cooked gizzard into small cubes as well and fry till it becomes brown.
PS: You can opt for grilling in place of frying if you’re on a weight-loss diet.
5. Chop the tomatoes and pepper and blend coarsely.
6. In a large skillet, heat up vegetable oil on. Add some chopped onion, the tomatoes mix and seasonings. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the fried gizzard and the fried plantain to the sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Gizdodo is ready. You can either serve with rice or eat it alone.