Cooking time: 30mins
3 teaspoons finely ground roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper, or red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Recipe Instruction / Method
1. Shells and skin should be removed from roasted peanut
2. Use a mortar and pestle to grind them into a fine powder
3. Add the other spices to the peanut and mix well
4. Divide into two the mixed peanut spices.
5. Put half in a bowl, and doing same with the other
7. Dip the meat into one bowl. The other bowl will be used when the meat is grilled.
8. Let the grilling begins…
Suya (one stick) contains 100 calories with no fat or cholesterol.
Suya is a spicy skewered meat, which is a popular food item in Western Africa. Suya is traditionally prepared by the Hausa people of northern Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon, and some parts of Sudan (where it is called agashe).
Nigerian suya is generally made with skewered beef ram, or chicken. Innards such as kidney, liver, and tripe are also used. ‘Me suya’ are popular all over Nigeria, in both big cities and small towns.
ALSO READ: How to make for yourself some meat kebab