Sudanese delicacy, Aswad, means black because it is made of eggplants, which is black.
This delicious dish is usually considered as a side dish but can still be taken as a main dish.
Today, we’ll learn how to make this delicious delicacy.
1. 2 large eggplants
2. 1 cup yoghurt
3. 1 tsp peanut butter
4. 1 tsp salt
5. 1 large onion
6. 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
7. 1 green bell pepper
8. 1 clove garlic
9. Juice of 2 small lemons
10. 2 tomatoes
11. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
12. Peanut butter
ALSO READ: How to make aseeda
1. Cut eggplants into slices and spread them into a flat plate. Sprinkle some salt to remove extra water and any bitter taste, then wipe the water off before frying.
2. Fry the eggplants slices with very little oil until they are brownish.
3. Fry, in another pan, chopped onion, green pepper, red chilli pepper and garlic.
4. Add the eggplants and mix together
5. Cut the tomatoes into small bits and add to the mixture
6. Add salt and other spices to taste. Leave for about 20 minutes to cook.
7. In another bowl, mix peanut butter, lemon juice and a spoon of water.
8. Add the peanut butter mixture with the veggies and mix properly. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Aswad salad is ready! Let’s dig in.