Tapioca pudding is one yummy dessert that shouldn’t vanish off the dining table any time soon.
If you love starch a lot, then this delicacy is meant for you as it is so rich in starch. With just a few ingredients, you can achieve a sweet and yummy tapioca in a matter of minutes. Simply soak tapioca pearls in milk, then gently simmer the mixture with egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla seeds until it’s thick, with soft but pleasantly chewy tapioca bits.
ALSO READ: How to make rice pudding
1. 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca (you can usually find it in the baking section of the grocery store, do not use instant tapioca)
2. 3 cups whole milk (or skim milk with cream added)
3. 1/4 teaspoon salt
4. 2 eggs
5. 1/2 cup of sugar
6. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Place 1 cup of the milk and the tapioca pearls in a pan and stir to mix well. Cook uncovered for about 40-50 minutes, at the lowest possible heat so that the tapioca soaks the milk properly.
2. Add sugar in bits, the remaining 2 cups of milk, salt and egg yolks. Cook on minimum heat and stir continuously for about 20 minutes till it thickens.
3. Stir in vanilla seeds. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Voila! Tapioca pudding is ready. Pretty easy to make, right?
Make sure you try it out and enjoy the great taste.