What you need:
– 1.2 kilos of butternut squash
– Olive oil
– One onion, sliced
– One clove of garlic, chopped
– 30 grams of fresh sage
– 75 grams of basmati rice, cooked
– 75 grams of chestnuts
– 10 sun-dried tomatoes
– 75 grams of dried cranberries
– One pinch of ground allspice
– Red wine
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C
2. Wash the squash and cut it in half lengthways. Remove and keep the seeds.
3. Using a spoon, scoop some flesh out to create a gully along the length.
4. Chop the flesh scooped out with the seeds.
5. Fry in two spoons of olive oil over medium heat.
6. Add in the onion and garlic, stir occassionally.
7. Chop the sage leaves with the tomatoes and chestnut.
8. Add into the pan along with rice, cranberries and allspice.
9, Add in salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour in a swig of red wine. Stir well.
11. Fry for about 10 minutes.
12. Fill the gully in two halves of squash and then press them back together firmly.
13. Rub a mixture of some oil, salt and pepper on the skin of the squash.
14. Bake for about two hours.
15. Serve and enjoy.