AC Milan have lost their summer signing Lucas Biglia to injury for around a month.
The 31-year-old midfielder, who moved to San Siro from Lazio in July, has damaged a thigh muscle.
A statement published on Milan’s official website said the Argentinian would miss “approximately four weeks”, which definitely rules him out of the Serie A season-opener against Crotone on August 20.
“Lucas Biglia today underwent medical examinations, which confirmed an injury in the biceps femoris of his left thigh,” the statement said.
“His recovery time will be evaluated on how [the injury] develops, and it is estimated to be within four weeks.”
The 31-year-old joined from Lazio last month for a reported €17 million on a contract through 2020.
Biglia scored five goals with four assists in 34 appearances across all competitions last season.
Milan kick off their Serie A campaign away at Crotone on Aug. 20.