If like me, you always crave for something right after a big bowl of rice and sauce, there’s just one thing to do, barbeque chicken!
As much as I appreciate the convenience of store-bought items, I’d rather make my own when I have a little extra time. Luckily enough, homemade foods cost less and they also have the added advantage of being customizable to our own preferences for sweetness, saltiness and spiciness.
Chicken barbeque is not only yummy and tasty with it’s gummy and sticky feel, but it’s quite filling. That way, you won’t find yourself eating more than you should and in no time, you’ll have it all set on your table, hot, fresh and oozing out sweet aroma to die for(lol).
1. Chicken drumstick
2. ½ cup water
3. ½ cup ketchup
4. 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
5. 2-3 teaspoons salt
6. 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
7. 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
8. ¼ cup white vinegar
9. 2 teaspoons chilli powder
10. 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200 degrees C). Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Whisk water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, salt, mustard, and chilli powder together in a bowl. Pour the mixture over drumsticks and cover with aluminium foil.
3. Place in the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
Enjoy your barbeque.