Depression is common and gaining alarming grounds!
It’s characterized by a state of continuously low mood and avoiding/disliking activities. Depression is a serious medical illness that’s common amongst a lot of people, it negatively affects the way a person thinks, behaves, feels and generally affects a person’s wellbeing.
It can be triggered by something going/gone wrong including a divorce, loss of job, loss of a loved one and other factors but those can be temporary, for some it’s a constant battle. It’s one of the singular reasons a lot of people have tried to and committed suicide in recent times.
Depression is characterized by continuous low mood
The major depressive disorder is noticeable in different ways as people with depression can show the following signs:
1. A mood that’s continuously ’empty’, sad and anxious that sees them sometimes isolated or try to over-makeup for these feelings.
2. A continuous feeling of worthlessness, hopelessness, pessimism, guilt and so on without anything physically happening. In some cases dejection and feeling of loss of sensation emotionally.
3. Loss of interest in physical activities/numbness, socializing and generally trying to have a go time or be/feel the need to be around people.
4. Loss of physical strength with a feeling of numbness, where they are constantly fatigued, energy level is low and generally slowly grinding to a halt.
Depression is a common medical illness that requires urgent attention
5. Finding it difficult to sleep or over-sleeping, changes in appetite and weight loss are recorded in some cases.
6. A constant feeling of irritability, anger, restlessness are also possible signs of depression.
7. Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts and thoughts of death are also features of depression.
Depression is a serious medical illness and professional help should be sought for adequate treatment.